Tuesday, January 5, 2010

General Directions, As I figure them out

Have fun doing this project, that's the point, really.

Email me when you get the camera so I can mark your state off the list! I'll email you the mailing address of the next person after you.

The camera is loaded with ISO 800 Film. If you're shooting in daylight, I'm thinking it needs to be a cloudy day , shaded or near dusk.

Take the photo as soon after you get the camera as you can. Be thinking about your subject before hand so you are ready when the camera gets there. This needs to happen so the camera can be sent on to the next destination. If we're lucky, this should be about 6 months for the project. I'm thinking it's about one week per state between shipping and shooting and the next shoot.

When you are ready to shoot, wind the camera, take the shot then package the camera up for the next shipment. Don't Wind it up for the next shot. Let the next person do it when they're ready to shoot. That way they won't accidentally take a photo of their foot or something.

Have fun doing the project

I packaged the cameras up in the original blister packs with gaffer tape. Try to save and reuse the packs as added insurance while shipping. I don't expect the packaging to really make it, but it's worth a shot.

The boxes I used should be reusable, I guess. Use a piece of paper with the new persons address over your address and just keep on shipping it for as long as the box lasts? Not sure how the post office will feel about that.
Try to ship the camera out the day you do the shoot, or the next possible day. Lets keep it moving.

Email me the day you send the camera out so I can keep track and let the next person in line know it's on the way!

Post stories about your experience on your blog. Let me know, I'll link to it!


Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment